5 Essential Apps For Freelancers In 2020 📱📅
Are you ready to take your freelancing work to the next level? Do you have the right tools and systems in place for this to happen?
Life as a freelancer can be challenging. From bookkeeping and taxes to find new customers and keeping them happy, it’s an all-encompassing role that demands a great deal of personal responsibility. It does, however, allow you to take control over your destiny and carve out your own future.
This isn’t a journey that you have to embark on alone. There are dozens of applications that can help you to streamline processes and increase your productivity as a freelancer. Rather than tell you about every single one, we’ve compiled a small list of our favourite apps for you to explore.
So, without wasting any time, let’s dive straight in. Here are five essential apps to turbocharge your life as a freelancer.
QuickBooks Self-Employed describes itself as an “all-in-one” finance application. This application can enable you to:
- Reduce your tax bill by tracking expenses.
- Track work mileage automatically by simply swiping for deductions.
- Invoice customers from anywhere to get paid faster.
- Get your tax self-assessment complete with just a few taps.
Above all, this useful application can help to keep your finances in check, organising all of your business expenses into categories and calculating the amount of tax you will need to pay.
Freework Timesheets & Invoicing
Freework describes itself as “a freelance operating system for your phone”. This application can enable you to:
- Track and log your working hours with an easy time-logging system.
- Create and send invoices with your tracked hours.
- Log and store information that can be used to increase customer satisfaction.
- Share your timesheets with specific customers.
- Seamlessly an existing Google Calendar to your timesheet.
The vast majority of the features are completely free to use. However, if you upgrade to a premium account you unlock the ability to add unlimited clients and complete multiple task exports.
MindMeister describes itself as “one and only mobile mind mapping app you’ll ever need”. This application can enable you to:
- Create and edit unlimited mind maps.
- Add icons, colours, styles and map ‘themes’.
- Collaborate in real-time with other users, such as your customers.
- Share maps directly from your device.
In the ‘Pro’ plan, additional features include having the ability to export maps in MindManager, Freemind, XMind, MS Word and MS PowerPoint format.
Evernote describes itself as “notes organiser and daily planner”. This application can enable you to:
- Create to-do lists, with images, audio and web clippings.
- Input typed notes or scan handwritten notes.
- Share your notes with others for collaboration.
- Set reminders to keep on top of activities and write to-do lists.
You are also given the ability to sync your notes across devices, helping you to stay productive no matter where you are.
Saving the best till last! Gigstar is the must-have application for freelancers who are looking to expand their customer base and gain more work. Our intuitive application can pair freelancers with businesses that need tasks to be completed on an on-demand basis. The freelancers use Gigstar for flexible working to further improve their work-life balance.